Everytime I receive these heartwarming nominations, I get super excited. This time these awards are very special because they are giving me a chance to open up with you all for the first time. Usually, I keep my posts specific to the reviews etc but it’s very rare for me to share a very personal side of me. So let’s get started:
The first award is ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD and I am nominated by Himanshi. It is only a few months ago I came across her amazing blog. She has impressed me big time. I find her a very perceptive and intelligent person, who knows her way with words. She is an amazing writer, I love reading poems from her. I would love for anyone and everyone reading this blogpost to go visit her blog, you will be as impressed as I am with her blog.
- Thank the one who nominated you.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7-15 facts about yourself.
- Nominate others and let them know.
OK so now that I have ticked on the first two rules, its time to fill you in with a few facts about me.
- I am currently working on my PhD in Switzerland. My field of research is climate change policies, rural livelihoods and international politics.
- I am a vegetarian (by choice).
- I am married to the most amazing person that I know of 😉
- I am an absolute dog lover and grew up with them being one of my siblings 🙂
- I come from India and have been living in Europe (Germany and Switzerland) for the last 10 years or so.
- I can watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S (TV series) zillion times more and still enjoy it like the first time, only this time I would lip sync the jokes from Chandler :-).
- I love to watch animation movies.
- I am my favourite, when it comes to cooking and am never hesitant to eat in a restaurant on my own. Oh now when I think of it , does that make me a foodie or an anti-social person?
- I DO NOT like to shop with people (read friends and family). I enjoy shopping the most when I am all alone -just me, my shopper bag and my wallet. OK confirmed: I am an anti-social person 🙂
- I am blessed with friends who may forget to wish on my birthday, which I don’t mind at all because they telepathically call or send message on a random day when I happen to be feeling low and sad.
- I strongly judge people who make fun of others.
- I believe that love is an emotion that any two people (be it a couple, family or friends…) can work upon and it will bloom and flourish in the given time and circumstances BUT no relationship (no matter how small and distant or big and close) can stand the test of time if it is NOT based upon mutual RESPECT.
- I use a pen name for the purpose of this blog, if you don’t know that already:-)
Now coming to the second blog award. It is the AWESOME BLOGGER AWARD from gorgeous Laura. She is an awesome blogger herself, focuses on wholesome beauty and she is a very kind blogging friend who has shown a lot of love to me and my blog. I am ever so thankful for that. And I hope she knows how much these kind gestures from her mean to me .
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
The questions she asked are :
What’s the biggest beauty mistake you have ever made?
Ha Ha well, it is still as embarrassing as it was then, I remember wearing a mis-matched foundation, which became worse after it oxidized on my face.
Have you ever ended a friendship or relationship and regretted it?
Hmmm.. NO, I do not regret the friendships that I ended, but I do regret (for some) the way I ended it. Especially the ones in school , but the good thing is -with time you learn to let things go in a more unattached and respectable manner 🙂
How would you describe your style?
Comfortable . I do not go out of my comfort zone but I have always received compliments on my taste and dressing appeal.
A guest is coming round your house for dinner, what would you make?
Proper North Indian Dinner. I don’t think my guests would like it if I serve them some different cuisine, given that they especially ask for Indian food.
How would you define success?
Success is quite a relative term. For some, success may be to get admission in a college and for some success is getting admission in a particular college. It all depends on the obstacles, sacrifices and challenges one has gone through to reach a goal.
Goal never defines success for me, journey towards that goal and what lessons you learn alongside defines it for me personally.
Where would you like to be in five years time?
Being my own boss, earning enough to share my privilege with others, laughing at the same jokes with my husband and having dog/s and a child to add new adventures in our life.
Name the three biggest pieces of advice you could ever give:
I truly believe in the saying: Failure is the season to sow the seeds of success and can share this advice from my personal experience. Never lose hope and always see the half-glass full. It helps you to see beyond the obvious and that is where the magic happens.
Old Hollywood beauty or modern?
Can I say both, as I am always awestruck by the genius art of beauty time-lining from the classic to the modern.
What makes you follow a blog or social media account?
- Outstanding quality that inspires me: I do not get fooled by the already existing number of followers as my own research tells me that no. of herd-mentality and/or bot followers are not always an indicator of good quality content. I instead read more into their intearction pattern. Call me weirdo, but all PhD students including me tend to go beyond the obvious, its part of the gruesome training as a researcher he he 😉
2. Reciprocity: someone has been kind to me and I return the favor
If you could relive any day from your life, what day would you choose and why?
It has to be my wedding day. Because believe it or not I was in trance throughout the 10 days , yes you heard it right! our wedding celebrations went on through 4 pre-wedding functions (according to my culture and traditions) then a day of travel to a different city and then the pre-wedding functions (according to my husbands’ culture & traditions) for the rest of the days and on the 10th day we were pronounced husband and wife 🙂 Weddings in India are a big affair. And I do not remember enjoying it very much. So if I have to relive one day from my life , I will pick the final day of our wedding rituals and this time I will enjoy every bit of it, in my own terms that is wedding being a quiet affair with only few people who I know care for me and of course our families.
Phew! you made it to the end of the post, YAY!! well its a long post but was great fun to talk a little biut about myself 🙂
Hope you enjoyed reading it.
My nominations for the AWESOME BLOGGER AWARD are :
Himanshi from thecagedbirdingsweb: It may seem that I am returning the favor but I truly believe she is an awesome blogger, who in her own ways inspire me. I am not alone in sharing my appreciation for her as I am only one of her thousands followers 🙂
Alifya from Alifyalifestyles:Her blog is super gorgeous and so is she. I love reading her posts which range from DIY to hauls and she also has her way with words.
Sayeedah from Sayeedahsparkles : she is another beautiful blogger, whom I love to read. She is a beauty blogger who always comes up with amazing reviews that are relevant and spot-on just like her stunning make-up.
(I am keeping the same questions as Laura asked in her award nominations, as I found them very interesting and intelligent.)
- What’s the biggest beauty mistake you have ever made?
- Have you ever ended a friendship or relationship and regretted it?
- How would you describe your style?
- A guest is coming round your house for dinner, what would you make?
- How would you define success?
- Where would you like to be in five years time?
- Name the three biggest pieces of advice you could ever give:
- Old Hollywood beauty or modern?
- What makes you follow a blog or social media account?
- If you could relive any day from your life, what day would you choose and why?
My nominations for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD (rules are mentioned at the start of the post) are :
Pooja from Lifesfinewhine. I know she must have received this award a lot of times already because she is another lovely blogger that I admire and respect for the kind of content she shares on her blog, it is all about positivity and inspiration and who doesn’t want some of that in their life, right?
Azra from Simpleserenity. I know she must have receieved this award many times before as well, but I still want to nominate her as she is adorable and her posts are fun and useful. She is a college goer herself so if you are looking for some inspiration, you will not be disappointed.
Third blog that I want to nominate for this award is three gorgeous sisters and I can never tell who is who because they look very similar, so triple dose of gorgeousness from Chai and Lipstick. I find their make-up ideas really inspiring- bold and fierce. Also the DIY skincare posts are super useful.
As I always mention, these nominations are my way to spread love, and show my appreciation towards some of the many blogs I genuinely like. Please do not feel any pressure but if you decide to write a post about it, please let me know-would love to know a little bit more about you through your answers.
Have a great day you all, much love