Thanks to gorgeous Laura from Lauzies Lifestyle for nominating me for the “Blogger Recognition Award”. It means a lot to me because she is an amazingly talented blogger who runs a blog on beauty, fashion, health, wellbeing and life in general. You must check out her beautiful blog as it is not just aesthetically pleasing but also offers a lot to read.
I am absolutely thrilled about the award, more so because we are blogging in times when the blogging community has become more business-like. If you google how to be a successful blogger, I am sure you will find people advising NOT to accept blog awards if you want to avoid unnecessary backlinks.
Clearly I don’t understand that point and everytime I receive a nomination for an award, I feel absolutely happy and grateful for two reason. First, the award nomination is a proof that there are people who still believe in spreading warmth, love and support to their peers like old-times. Second, because it reminds me of simpler times, it reaffirms my love affair with blogs and blogging, which is all about creating a (web) space to express ourselves, our passion , our little joys in life and sharing all of it with the like-minded people.
As a rule of the award nomination, I have to tell you a short story about how (why) I started blogging. You already read one of the reasons above and if interested, you can read more about it here.
As another rule, I have to share two pieces of advice for the new bloggers.
- To begin with, it would be helpful to know for yourself what really inspires you to blog. Because it helps not to feel lost in this ever changing blogging world and it also helps to remain honest about your work along the way.
- Doesn’t matter what your blog is about, write for the love of it. There is always enough information in the internet about everything, so think in the lines of what you would have liked to read yourself. Your personal take on the topic is what is special and your experience -be it travel, fashion, beauty, skincare , books …( the list goes on) is something that adds to the existing knowledge. It may be conforming to the existing knowledge or confronting , but it is still unique in a way. For example, buying the same Chloe bag and Gucci shoes, the similar shot of coffee mug and magazine on bed, those similar dresess from mass production companies that send clothes to thousands of bloggers is mundane and dud. How you style a regular dress that allows you to wear it differently or on different occassions would be much more exciting, inspiring and helpful to others.
Now it is time to nominate some other bloggers for this award. A note to the nominated bloggers: If you do not feel like carrying it forward, its fair by all means. Consider it my way to show my love and appreciation towards your blog. But in case you do accept the nomination here is the list of rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
Give a brief story of how your blog started
Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
Select 15 other bloggers for this award although I am deviating from this rule 😉 I am discovering new blogs each day and although I love so many blogs, I feel I still have to establish a certain level of acquaintance with them to nominate for an award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created
- Monica from www.palateforstyle.com : She is one genuine, inspirational and gorgeous blogger. I love the way she writes, the topics that she writes about with great humour and wit.
- Mrinalini from Lipstickforlunch: I love reading her helpful hack posts or the list of 5 kind of posts. She is a promising blogger who has just begun.
- Jessica Riga from www.jessicariga.wordpress.com: I love to read her take on Fashion weeks, her fashion and beauty hauls etc. She writes with journalistic flare and the images in her blog are as stunning as she herself.
- Yasmin from IamYasmin: She is an adorable blogger, whom I recently came across. She produces great content on beauty and make-up, also does make-up tutorials.
- Aleeha and Lucy from HALE: this talented duo runs a blog on fashion, beauty and guess what photography!. I have only recently found their blog and have been enjoying reading it. Their blog has a lot to offer, you will not be bored 🙂
Hope you have enjoyed reading this post, keep on sharing and spreading love. Please don’t forget to check the blogs mentioned above, they are all awesome. Once again thank you very much Laura for nominating me.
Hugs and Kisses,